Our Mission To inspire creativity, the love of learning and an appreciation of diverse cultures and local heritage. Towards this end the museum preserves and interprets its cross-cultural collections and presents complementary exhibits and programs.
The Johnson-Humrickhouse Museum opened to the public on May 8, 1931. Its collections originate from a bequest by Coshocton natives David M. and John H. Johnson to the city of Coshocton as a memorial to their Johnson and Humrickhouse ancestors. These native-born brothers settled on the West Coast and traveled abroad where they collected American Indian, European, and Asian artifacts. Their primary collections consisted of American Indian baskets and beadwork; Asian fine and decorative arts and weaponry; and European and American ceramics, glassware, and textiles. JHM's collections have grown through donations, primarily in areas of local history and pre-historic Ohio Indian tools and points.